This blog post is presented as a story, which is my absolute least favourite way to either teach or learn about something. I recognize that a lot of people are fine with stories, though. Still, I'm going to do my analytical best to extract an account of 'what it means to care' from this story, and you can rely on my version or the original, whichever you prefer. Here it is (all quoted):
- absolute regard for children... unfaltering belief in their potential;
- this affirmation of potential (is) deeply egalitarian;
- (validation of their) intellectual worth;
- few ready explanations for their failure;
- rigorous self-assessment.
Maybe this is care, maybe it's a caricature, but this is what I got out of the article. Image: Literary Hub.