Educators are told today that students need "educational curriculum that provides students with opportunities to develop critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity skills while strengthening personal attributes like persistence and
leadership." This guide helps them map the learning environments that will lead to this outcome. Here are the core principles:
- Learning is personalized—it seeks to address each individual student’s needs.
- Learning is rigorous—it challenges students to meet defined, high expectations.
- Learning is flexible and adaptable—it adapts to students bringing diverse prior knowledge to any learning experience.
- Learning is open-ended and inquiry-based—it requires students to be active learners by investigating questions, solving problems...
- Learning is ongoing—it involves students engaging outside the traditional classroom.
All these seem pretty reasonable to me. The framework itself can be viewed in a single table (pp. 21-23) of the 105 page PDF. See also the companion website.
SUBSCRIBE TO OLDAILY DONATE TO DOWNES.CA
Web - Today's OLDaily
Web - This Week's OLWeekly
Email - Subscribe
RSS - Individual Posts
RSS - Combined version
JSON - OLDaily
National Research Council Canada
All My Articles
Stephen's Web and OLDaily
Half an Hour Blog
Google Plus Page
Huffington Post Blog