Janet McKnight, who runs an occasional blog with some gems (get off of my cloud, part two, Oxford colleges) has performed a valuable service summarizing all the talks from the recent Institutional Web Management Workshop 2013(IWMW 2013) event held at the University of Bath last week. There's too much here to summarize, but I read it all and want to pass it along (links include summary and (usually) embedded slide show):
- Brian Kelly: Welcome to IWMW 2013
- P1: Cable Green: Open Education: the business and policy case for OER
- P2: Doug Belshaw: Mozilla, Open Badges and a Learning Standard for Web Literacy
- P3: Kyriaki Anagnostopolou: Et tu MOOC? Massive Online Considerations
- P4: Amber Thomas: Turning our attention to supporting research
- P5: Jonathan Hassell: Stop Trying to Avoid Losing and Start Winning: How BS 8878 Reframes the Accessibility Question
- P6: David Cornforth: Adapting to Responsive Web Design
- P7: Martin Hamilton: The inside-out University
- P8: Paul Walk: Working with developers
- P9: Ranjit Sidhu: 9am, 16th August, 2012: What the fcuk just happened then?
- P10: Paul Boag: Institutional culture is crippling your web strategy!
- P11: Richard Prowse: IWMW and the birth of a content strategist
- P12: Dai Griffiths: The University in a bind
- P13: Neil Denny: The delicious discomfort of not knowing: how to lead effectively through uncertainty
- Conclusions: Brian Kelly: What next?
P.S. Janet, put your name on your blog and take credit for your good work! P.P.S. Found through this the UKOLN Diaspora site: http://ukoln-diaspora.org.uk/ P.P.P.S. I see Cable Green is still denouncing CC-NC as 'less free' - Boo! Hiss!
SUBSCRIBE TO OLDAILY DONATE TO DOWNES.CA
Web - Today's OLDaily
Web - This Week's OLWeekly
Email - Subscribe
RSS - Individual Posts
RSS - Combined version
JSON - OLDaily
National Research Council Canada
All My Articles
Stephen's Web and OLDaily
Half an Hour Blog
Google Plus Page
Huffington Post Blog