Mar 04, 1998
Posted to HotWired 5 Mar 98
- Journalists could only quote attributed sources, not rumours, leaks and gossip?
- Reporters could not interview each other for perspectives on a story?
- Facts and statistics had to come from an accredited and independent agency, not industry or political lobbyists?
- Stories were ranked in proportion to the number of lives affected and the dollar value of that impact?
- Most of the quotes are from unnamed sources and leaks.
- Much of the commentary consists of reporters interviewing each other.
- Almost everybody involved in the story has an axe to grind.
- The number of lives impacted is about 5 and the dollar impact for everyone else is nil.