This is a report on a MOOC supporting professional development for educators (9 page PDF) called MOOC-Ed. I appreciated the level of detail, and the lessons learned were exactly those we've observed in several years of building cMOOCs. Here they are:
- Continue DLT MOOC-Eds to provide much-needed professional development.
- Design MOOC-Eds to serve a diverse group of participants.
- Provide flexibility to accommodate participants’ schedules.
- Recommend and support participation by local teams.
- Support personalized definitions of success and completion.
"MOOC-Eds are built on research-based models of effective professional development, professional learning communities, and online communities of practice. The courses focus on authentic, project-based learning, collaboration, and peer-supported learning, rather than tests and grades that are needed in other types of MOOCs."
SUBSCRIBE TO OLDAILY DONATE TO DOWNES.CA
Web - Today's OLDaily
Web - This Week's OLWeekly
Email - Subscribe
RSS - Individual Posts
RSS - Combined version
JSON - OLDaily
National Research Council Canada
All My Articles
Stephen's Web and OLDaily
Half an Hour Blog
Google Plus Page
Huffington Post Blog