Where Would Washington News Be If...
Posted to HotWired 5 Mar 98
- Journalists could only quote attributed sources, not rumours, leaks and gossip?
- Reporters could not interview each other for perspectives on a story?
- Facts and statistics had to come from an accredited and independent agency, not industry or political lobbyists?
- Stories were ranked in proportion to the number of lives affected and the dollar value of that impact?
- Most of the quotes are from unnamed sources and leaks.
- Much of the commentary consists of reporters interviewing each other.
- Almost everybody involved in the story has an axe to grind.
- The number of lives impacted is about 5 and the dollar impact for everyone else is nil.
Share |Views Today: 4 Total: 162.
SUBSCRIBE TO OLDAILY DONATE TO DOWNES.CA
Web - Today's OLDaily
Web - This Week's OLWeekly
Email - Subscribe
RSS - Individual Posts
RSS - Combined version
JSON - OLDaily
National Research Council Canada
All My Articles
About Stephen Downes
About Stephen's Web
Subscribe to Newsletters
Privacy and Security Policy
Stephen's Web and OLDaily
Half an Hour Blog
Google Plus Page
Huffington Post Blog