This paper (26 page PDF) discusses seven macro-level trends:
- convergence - in the sense of 'blurring' modalities
- massification - the many faces of MOOCs and expansion into schools
- openness - looking for "more open dialogue and critical pluriversalism"
- interactivity - new concepts of presence, pedagogy of care, deep conversations
- diversification - beyond the LMS "as a complex ecosystem of interconnected technologies"
- big ed tech - new online education models of 'marketisation', 'platformisation' and 'commercialisation'
- green ed tech - online ed as part of the solution, but still a big energy consumer
Good paper, well thought out, and while the macro-trends may seem obvious at first glance, the discussion uncovers nuances beyond the everyday discussion.
Today: 1 Total: 120