Alas, once again I've been passed over for the Edge question. Still, I can join with everyone else in marveling at the answers. Here are some (quoted):
- We may all die horribly unless some scientists figure out a way to save us
- Each cubic centimeter of empty space contains about 10-29 grams of invisible matter, or, equivalently, vacuum energy
- Cephalosomatic Anastomosis” (CSA) (a.k.a. a complete head transplantation)
- Any gene (or set of genes) can be forced to “drive” through an entire wild population.
- The race between the growing power of technology and the growing wisdom with which we manage it.
- Tabby's Star - the possibility that the dimming effect is caused by a swarm of Dyson Spheres
And many many more. Enjoy.
Views: 0 today, 300 total (since January 1, 2017).[Direct Link]
SUBSCRIBE TO OLDAILY DONATE TO DOWNES.CA
Web - Today's OLDaily
Web - This Week's OLWeekly
OLDaily Email - Subscribe
OLWeekly Email - Subscribe
RSS - Individual Posts
RSS - Combined version
JSON - OLDaily
National Research Council Canada
All My Articles
Stephen's Web and OLDaily
Half an Hour Blog
Google Plus Page
Huffington Post Blog