What would you like to do better as a Learning Professional?
- I would like to be a better cyclist. Last year my record was 113 kilometers in a single day, which is pretty good, but I would like to extend my range, and especially my hill-climbing ability.
- I would like to learn how to use the router. It would add a whole new dimension - literally - to my woodwork and allow me to do things like mortises and tenons (also add to that work on the table saw).
- I would like to learn to speak Spanish, at least at a basic level. I actually diod sign up for SpanishPod, but after a week it said my free trial expired and then it disappeared. I have some Spanish verb and grammar books, which I review regularly. But I need to do more.
- I would like to be able to do video editing more quickly. I can do a lot of what I need to do now, but it takes me forever. I'd like to be able to edit video in a reasonable amount of time.
- I would like to understand the mathematics of graph theory. Not only would this enable me to use the terminology - 'nodes' and 'edges' - correctly, it would probably give me some insight into network designs and properties.
If you're wondering about my list - I don't believe in segmenting a part of my life as a learning professional. Cycling, routing - these are as important to my professional development as some sort of workplace course or training.
Views Today: 0 Total: 231.
SUBSCRIBE TO OLDAILY DONATE TO DOWNES.CA
Web - Today's OLDaily
Web - This Week's OLWeekly
OLDaily Email - Subscribe
OLWeekly Email - Subscribe
RSS - Individual Posts
RSS - Combined version
JSON - OLDaily
National Research Council Canada
All My Articles
Stephen's Web and OLDaily
Half an Hour Blog
Google Plus Page
Huffington Post Blog