Template for OER Success Stories
Originally posted on Half an Hour, February 19, 2009.
* Participants: A note about the learners and educators involved. Who provided the solution, for whom?
* Context: A note about the context, e.g. socio-economic conditions, geographical region, rural vs. urban, available internet access, ...
* Solution: Please give details of the solution here.
* Key Barriers: Please give some of the key barriers to access addressed by this solution. (Ideally referring back to our list of access issues.)
o Access in terms of awareness. (Lack of awareness is a barrier to OER.)
o Access in terms of local policy / attitude. (Do attitudes or policies pose barriers to using OER?)
o Access in terms of languages. (How well does the user speak the language of the OER?)
o Access in terms of relevance? (Is the OER relevant to the user?)
o Access in terms of licensing. (Is the licensing suitable / CC?)
o Access in terms of file formats. (Are the file formats accessible?) Access in terms of disability.
o Access in terms of infrastructure (Lack of power/computers makes access hard.)
o Access in terms of discovery. (If the OER is hidden, not searchable, not indexed, it's hard to find.)
o Access in terms of ability and skills. (Does the end user have the right skills to access?)
* Scalability: Please comment on how your solution might "scale".
* Questions: What questions should we be asking about this solution that will add to our understanding of enabling access to knowledge and learning resources?
* Implications and adoption: What are the implications of this solution for OER and enabling access to knowledge and learning?
* Links: If there are any web links to initiatives or projects, please include them!
Views Today: 0 Total: 248.
SUBSCRIBE TO OLDAILY DONATE TO DOWNES.CA
Web - Today's OLDaily
Web - This Week's OLWeekly
OLDaily Email - Subscribe
OLWeekly Email - Subscribe
RSS - Individual Posts
RSS - Combined version
JSON - OLDaily
National Research Council Canada
All My Articles
Stephen's Web and OLDaily
Half an Hour Blog
Google Plus Page
Huffington Post Blog